I am follower of Christ, with a sensitive and caring nature. I am also an open-minded and honest perfectionist.
I have knowledge and experience in the following areas (find out more in my skills section below):
- web and Windows standards and architecture
- designing, developing, deploying and maintaining ASP.NET MVC5 websites
- relational and nosql database management
My freelance/volunteer experience has taught me the value of perseverance and proper communication. I take care to consider others as I work.
My self-driven and perfectionist nature encourages me to go the extra mile while working on a project.
I am willing to learn, thorough in my work, and in everything I do, I make sure to think ahead.
I am a web observer, with a keen interest in the user experience.
Web and Windows is my focus, but am willing to work on other platforms if given the chance. I have a good understanding of web standards and architecture, and have built 3 websites from scratch, right up to deployment and maintenance (check out my projects page).
My love for visual design drives me towards building user interfaces. My strongest skills are HTML and CSS. My favourite tools include:
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe PhotoShop and Autodesk Pixlr
- along with various other online tools
My other skills include the following:
- ASP.NET Web Forms development
- relational database management (SQL Server)
- working with data using the Entity Framework
- Windows app development (Universal Windows Platform and Windows Presentation Foundation)
I am interested in the following (although I have little experience in these areas):
- Search Engine Optimisation and E-Marketing
- Web services (with JSON and REST)
- MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js)
- Pre-processors (Pug and Less)
- Source / version control (GitHub)
Computers have always been a part of my life (from Windows 98/2000). As a youngster, I often spent hours experimenting with applications and games. Things got very interesting the day dial-up Internet made its way into our home, and the Internet has since become one of my daily tools. I have found that Google is indispensable when it comes to troubleshooting and guidance.
For over 10 years, I have observed how the web has evolved. While browsing the web, I am inspired by the designs I come across.
I have chosen to specialise in web development, even though I studied both web and Windows development. I continue to exercise these skills, so that I may build attractive, stable and scalable web applications.
I am currently doing part-time work (as an assessment assistant) for the Director at WW.IT-IQ Training and Solutions. Using the experience that I gained through my volunteer, freelance, and contract work, I ultimately wish to join a team of web developers. My specialty lies in the front end, but I also know my way around the back end. I strive to see the bigger picture, while focusing on what I do best.
I have many personal goals. One of these goals is to open up an animal shelter. I plan to do things different with this shelter...I want to focus on rehabilitating shy or aggressive animals, in the hopes of improving their chances of being adopted. Those that do not stand a chance of getting a new home will be able to live out their days in the safety of the shelter. It’s a tough (maybe even an impossible) goal, but with God, nothing is impossible.